The FSHD Minor is available to all students who are not declared as FSHD Majors. The FSHD Minor is available to both main campus students and students part of the Arizona Online Campus.
- View the FSHD Minor Handout
View List of FSHD Courses for Winter 2021 and Spring 2022 Here
***FSHD Minors can enroll in FSHD courses for Spring 2022 beginning November 17th***
**FSHD minors can enroll in FSHD winter classes beginning November 1st!***
- Please read all information listed on the above minor handout and the information posted below. If you have further questions, contact the FSHD minor advisor.
FSHD Minor Advising:
- Liz Collins
- FSHD Minors are encouraged to email Liz with questions about their minor requirements. Students can also attend drop-in hours and/or schedule 15 minute appointments when available.
- You can view upcoming drop-in hours on the FSHD advising website
- And schedule appointments online here
- You can also email with general questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps for Declaring the FSHD Minor:
- All students interested in the FSHD minor must complete the following online information session and the online forms. Students must have a 2.0 GPA to be considered for the FSHD minor.
Complete the Online Information Session and Declare Your Minor Here
- Once you've completed the information session and the online forms, please allow at least 5-10 business days for your minor to be declared. You will be notified via email once your FSHD minor is added.
FSHD Minor Requirements:
- Grade point average (g.p.a) required is a minimum of 2.0 earned at UA.
- A minor consists of a total of 18 FSHD units; 9 must be upper division units (300, 400 level). Other than that, ANY combination of courses in FSHD is acceptable as there are no required classes.
Prerequisite Information & Typical Course Offerings:
- View FSHD Minor Pre-requisite Guide & Typical Course Offerings here
- View FSHD Minor for AZ Online Pre-requiste Guide & Typical Course Offerings here
- FSHD 117 (or an equivalent course) is a prerequisite to many upper division FSHD courses, so 117 is a recommended beginning course for all FSHD minors
- PSY 240 (Developmental Psychology) may be accepted as an equivalent course to FSHD 117 in order to meet prerequisites. However, PSY 240 cannot be used toward the FSHD Minor, so students with PSY 240 credit will still need to complete 18 Units of FSHD Minor coursework.
- All prerequisites are monitored by FSHD Faculty. If students do not have the proper prerequisite coursework listed on UAccess, instructors may remove students from a course. If you have questions about your prior coursework and eligibility to enroll, contact an FSHD advisor or the professor teaching the course
Enrollment / Registration Information:
- Please note that entry into the minor does not guarantee entry into FSHD classes, especially during Fall and Spring. Minors cannot register for FSHD courses during priority registration. Once open open enrollment begins, FSHD minors will be able to add any FSHD classes with open seats. FSHD minors are encouraged to take Summer courses, which are open to all students.
- A number of FSHD classes (many online) are offered in Summer sessions, and you are strongly encouraged to take these classes. It is possible to complete minor requirements in Summer sessions prior to being declared a minor. Also note, if we have open seats in our FSHD classes at the beginning of each fall and spring semester, we often open many of those classes to other majors and minors on campus, given availability. You are welcome to enroll in classes that have been open to all UA students, even if your minor has not officially been declared as FSHD. It is the student's reponsibility to check UAccess for availability of courses.
- We can accept up to six units of Experiential Coursework, like FSHD preceptorship, research, or practicum. To enroll in these units, students mus complete the required applications.
- For research experiences and practicum credit: cals.arizona.edu/fcs/fshd/internships/experiential
- For preceptor application: /fcs/fshd/advising/forms
Use the Course Equivalency Guide on aztransfer.com to view course equivalencies at other AZ Community Colleges and Universities.
Pima Community College Courses:
- ECE 107 = FSHD 117
- SOC 127 = FSHD 257
- ECE 117 can be accepted as FSHD 323. ECE 117 counts as lower division credit, so students will still need to complete 9 upper division units of FSHD coursework in addition to ECE 117
Arizona Western College Courses:
- FAS 238 / PSY 238 = FSHD 117
- FAS 160 / SOC 160 = FSHD 237=
- FAS 220 = FSHD 257
If you have taken FSHD courses at a school outside of Arizona, or you took a course at an Arizona school that is not listed on the Arizona transfer website, please contact your FSHD advisor to have your transfer credit evaluated. Please send a course description and syllabus to your advisor for review
Double Use of Courses:
Courses used in the FSHD Minor may not be applied to a student's major or second minor (for example, if FSHD 200 is used in your Psychology major, it cannot also be used in the FSHD minor)
FSHD Minor courses may be used toward the pre-major section of a student’s major degree plan (for example, FSHD 117 can be used toward pre-nursing requirements and the FSHD Minor)
Tier I General Education courses, like FSHD 150B1 cannot be used in the FSHD Minor
A maximum of two Tier Two Gen Ed courses may also be used to satisfy the minor requirements, per UA policy