Congratulations, graduates! You’ve done the work, created lifelong memories and built enduring connections. Now reflect back, look forward and celebrate your success! We look forward to celebrating your achievements and welcoming you as the newest members of the CALES Alumni family.
CALES Student Sendoff
Friday, May 10, 2024
Open to all graduates & four guests
10 - 11:30 a.m. | Old Main Lawn
CALES Undergraduate Graduation Convocation
Saturday, May 11, 2024
2 - 4 p.m. | McKale Center
CALES Graduate Graduation Convocation
Monday, May 13, 2024
2 - 4 p.m. | Crowder Hall
UAZ Spring Commencement
Commencement is the university-wide celebration held in Arizona Stadium. Read more about it here: https://commencement.arizona.edu/may2024
Departmental Graduation Celebrations
Nutritional Sciences & Wellness Graduation Celebration
Friday, May 10 | 11:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. | Shantz Building breezeway *RSVP required to attend*
School of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences Graduation Celebration
Friday, May 10 *Please email email@example.com to receive information to RSVP*
Contact Leslie Grignon, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 520-626-3091.
Convocation request to participate
Students from all campuses -- Main, Arizona Online and Distance -- graduating in the semester/term of May/Spring 2024 and August/Summer 2024 are automatically invited to the CALES Graduation Convocation.
Are you graduating/did you graduate in a different semester? If so, you can participate in the May 2024 ceremony, but you must submit this Request to Participate Form. Requests to participate must by made by Sunday, April 28 at 11:59 pm.
Frequently asked questions
- For the safety of all the attendees, masks are encouraged, but not required.
- COVID-19 Guidelines: All guests will be required to follow campus health and safety protocols in place at the time of this event, as well as adhere to any existing state and local guidelines. In addition, this event may be canceled or changed on short notice due to public health circumstances. For updates and information, please visit https://covid19.arizona.edu/updates.
- With questions about access or to request any disability-related accommodations for this event, such as ASL interpreting, closed-captioning, wheelchair access or electronic text, etc., please contact Leslie Grignon: email@example.com
- On the RSVP for to attend, graduating students will be asked to list the accessibility accommodations needed.
Each student who participates in the in-person convocation ceremony will:
- have their name read
- cross the stage
- receive a medallion as a graduation memento
- be hooded (master's and doctoral students only)
- have a professional photograph taken after crossing the stage (Photography provided by GradImages. All students will receive an email to their UA email account once photos are available. Photos can be purchased at that time.)
Additionally, all guests will receive a print program listing the names of all graduating students.
Yes. All events will require a formal RSVP completed by the graduating student to attend. Expect RSVP forms to go live on Monday, March 11, 2024. Please pay attention to deadlines.
- Tickets are required for graduations held in Centennial Hall. Students can have as many tickets as they need for their guests and are required to come pick-up their tickets a couple of weeks before the ceremony. Seating is not reserved and is first come, first served.
- Tickets are required for graduations held in Crowder Hall. Students can have as many tickets as they need for their guests and are required to come pick-up their tickets a couple of weeks before the ceremony. Seating is not reserved and is first come, first served.
- Tickets are not required for graduations held in the McKale Center; there is no limit on how many guests can attend per student. Seating is not reserved and is first come, first served.
- Cap and gown are required; purchase these items at the UA BookStores. A stole, tassel and cords are optional.
GradFest makes getting ready for graduation easy and convenient, bringing all grad and post-grad needs into one event. Encourage students to stop by the Bookstore between March 12th through March 14th to pick up their cap and gown and other graduation items.
- There are three graduation colors associated with CALES:
- What does this mean for students? When purchasing regalia, select the appropriate combination based on your academic level and major/program:
- Undergraduate/Bachelor's Students: Based on your major, you have the option of purchasing a Maize, Maroon or Orange stole and also a Maize, Maroon or Orange tassel from the UA BookStores.
- Master's Students: Based on your program, purchase the Maize or Maroon regalia hood. The master's tassel is black and is included with your cap and gown.
- Doctoral Students: Purchase the Royal Blue regalia hood (all CALES doctoral students purchase the Royal Blue hood, regardless of program). The doctoral hood is in addition to purchasing your gown and tam.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended, but there is no required or excluded footwear – wedges, sneakers and heels are allowable. Please note: Comfortable shoes are also encouraged for the University Commencement Ceremony – no high heels.
- Diplomas are mailed by the Registrar's Office after all grades post; view more information here. Diplomas are not handed out at the College Graduation Convocation nor University Commencement. All students who participate in the CALES Graduation Convocation receive a college medallion.
- Read more about Diploma Mailing here.
- Yes! All graduating students have the option to submit a photo and a thank-you message or quote. We'll use that information to create a personalized graduation slide. The graduation slides will be displayed in the Forbes Lobby and also before the CALES Graduation Convocation ceremony.
- Submit your personalized slide content when you register for the ceremony.
- Approximately 2 hours
Please reference the UAZ Parking Map.
For ceremonies in Centennial Hall, we recommend Tyndall Ave. Garage or Main Gate Garage.
For ceremonies in McKale, we recommend Cherry Ave. Garage or South Stadium Garage.
For ceremonies in Crowder Hall, we recommend Park Ave Garage or Tyndall Ave Garage.
We recommend using the Sun Link Streetcar to easily get around University Blvd & 4th Ave. Tucson!
Convocations are ceremonies in which students are acknowledged in a smaller setting. Convocations are held each fall and spring and are coordinated by individual schools or colleges. At the CALES Graduation Convocation, all graduating students:
- Can apply to be a graduation speaker (application available closer to graduation date)
- Have their name read
- Cross the stage
- Receive a medallion
- Are hooded (master's and doctoral students only)
Commencement is the university-wide ceremony in honor of the completion of your academic requirements. Commencement is held once a year only, in May. The ceremony ends with a celebration of all Wildcats. Learn more about the University of Arizona's Commencement.
Apply to be a student speaker
Are you interested in sharing your story with students and their guests this graduation season? We are looking for multiple student speakers (undergraduate or graduate students) to enhance our graduation celebrations this May! Apply to Speak at Graduation by April 28.