Hi! I am Danielle Pilar Buhrow (she/her) Undergraduate Senior Academic Advisor II & Graduate Program Coordinator in the Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics (AREC), which is in the College of Agriculture, Life and Environmental Sciences (CALES). As I continue to provide effective virtual academic advising via Zoom or phone, in person availability although limited, is also available. Contact me directly to inquire should my publicly listed advising availability not align with your schedule. My academic advising availability for appointments and drop-ins are here in my direct calendar.
Feel free to email your questions and if I can't answer them via email, I will ask you to schedule an appointment so we can discuss together. My email address is email@example.com(link sends e-mail). Learn how to pronounce my name.
Although I am not a native Tucsonan, I have called Tucson home for many years. UArizona has been my professional home for the past 11 years and within this time I have been an academic advisor for 10 years, of which 8 years have been with this department. I am a Wildcat at heart, not only do I work at UArizona to serve students, the campus overall and all stakeholders, I also earned a Communication B.A. from UArizona. I look forward to guiding you on your path to earning a Bachelor's and Master's degree and be an overall resource for you. As an active member of AREC's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, I invite each of our student groups, both undergraduate and graduate, to join and add your voice and contribute to the important work AREC DEI is continuing to do. Since 2020 and presently, I serve our campus community as a member of the UArizona Residency & Classification Review Committee. From my start with AREC in 2015 I have served as a member in and continue to serve as AREC Scholarship Review Committee Chair, CALES Scholarships Steering Committee Member and CALES Scholarships Review Committee member.
I hold active memberships in the University of Arizona (UA)-University Professional Advising Council (UPAC), UA's Internship Council member, National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) member, and NASPA Student Affairs Professionals in Higher Education. I also hold Ally certifications from various campus Centers including Safe Zone, Veterans Alliance, completed trainings in suicide prevention with Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), most recently in 2022, and I am an accomplice to the student populations of undocumented, DACA and immigrant students. I have attended trainings offered by the UA Immigrant Student Resource Center (ISRC) including the ISRC Intro Training and ISRC/Scholarships A-Z Educators Conference. I am also a Career Champion, I completed the optional structured workshops provided by UA's Student Engagement & Career Development office as part of the inaugural group in Summer 2021.
In April 2021, I became a certified Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) by the National Council for Behavioral Health. This certification is active for 3 years. Each academic year I have, and will continue to attend 10 or more professional development workshops/trainings/conferences/webinars.
In April 2022, I recertified with UArizona as a QPR Gatekeeper.
I have adopted Lauren's Promise. “I will listen and believe you if someone is threatening you.”
Spring/Summer 2022 I completed multiple trainings as part of CALES & UArizona's SALT Center Endorsement on Supporting Neurodiverse Learners along with many other CALES academic advisors. See my "badge" earned here.
What are my Top 5 Clifton Strengths you ask? 1.) Achiever, 2.) Relator, 3.) Responsibility, 4.) Adaptability, 5.) Communication. Preferred pronouns: she, her, hers.
If you are interested in our Master of Science degree, I am happy to discuss over email, during an appointment in Zoom or telephone call to review any questions you have. Visit our graduate programs page for details about both programs of study https://economics.arizona.edu/graduate/overview
My office is located in McClelland Park room 301B. McClelland Park is at 650 N. Park Ave., across the street from UA Global, previously named Park Student Union.
Awards, Special Memberships and Recognition:
- Recipient: 2020, Global NACADA Outstanding Advising Award - Certificate of Merit - Primary Advising Role
- Recipient: 2019-2020, NACADA, Region 10 Excellence in Advising - Advisor Primary Role Certificate of Merit, The Global Community for Academic Advising
- Recipient: 2019-2020, University of Arizona Program for Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising Award, Professional Advisor Level
- Recipient: 2018-2019, Outstanding Administrative Advocate for Graduate & Professional Students, awarded by the Graduate & Professional Student Council
- Recipient: Fall 2017, Outstanding Staff in Support of Instruction & Student Success, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Certifications/Trainings: SALT Center Endorsement on Supporting Neurodiverse Learners; SafeZone; QPR Gatekeeper Certification, and Veterans Alliance certifications held/active, UPAC active member, UA Internship Council member, UA Career Champion, Certified Mental Health First Aider, and Ally of Undocumented, DACA & Immigrant Students.
- Wayfinders member 2019-2021
- Communication B.A., University of Arizona